Induceing :(

So I went to my doctor today and she said if I go past 41 weeks she will induce me. I am 28 weeks now and that scares the crap out of me. Any help would be great. Should I really worry?

HardyGirl19

Asked by HardyGirl19 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• she's probably just giving you a heads up.

don't worry.

just keep active, and stay positive.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• you're only 28 weeks...after you go past 38 weeks make sure you have lots of sex and go for walks...you'll go into labor on time
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• dont worry...theres no need to worry on something you cant change. and i agree with pp shes probably just giving you a heads up, not like she can really tell at 28 weeks..i had to have i emerengcy c-xsection
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• You are too early for this kind of worry. You could go early for all the doc knows! You're barely into your 3rd trimester.

Also, you can refuse the induction if you don't want it. 41 weeks is not late. Unless you are certain 100% of the day you conceived then your "due date" could be off. Your body, your baby, your choice.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I was induced both times. I kinda liked it that way... no waking up in the middle of the night wondering if this is, no worrying about making it to the hospital on time... PM me if you have specific questions, I'll help if I can ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• The real reason I dont want to be induced is because i want it to be all natural and ive heard when they induce the contractions are 10-20 times more powerful then non induced., Is that true?
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i was induced and everything was fine...it did speed up my contractions..
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 12:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Inductions can cause harder, longer, stronger, and more painful contractions. They also increase the likelihood of c-section. There is a natural birth group here called Birth is Normal that you may want to look into.

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/yourpregnancy/labor_delivery/the-truth-about-induction-40723017.html

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It's way too soon to tell if you're going to be late. Induction means that it's essentially all at once- normal labor goes and goes and goes...the meds they induce you with speed the process up.
    Cross that bridge when you get to it.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was induced for being over due...and yes, the contraction are more powerful with pitocin...but you can talk with your doctor about trying other things than pitocin first.

They started me on just a cervix ripening cream, then the doctor breaking my water, and then (hours later) starting pitocin last of all...and then they turned it off once the labor seemed to be progressing well, so I was only on it for a very short time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010