Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help to decide what i can give my mom

hey my mom is allergic to alot of medications (meds) but she has a serious gumball(abscess) in her mouth and we have percocet, vicodin, ib prophen and i believe that is about it which is similar to Tylenol 3? us she is in serious pain and she goes to the doctor for it alot but they keep giving her dental please dont say tell her to go to the dentist cause she cant afford it and does not have insurance to cover it....Thanx a whole lot

Answer Question

Asked by cuttievachck at 11:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Call a pharmacist... they can direct you!!


    Answer by Morgain at 11:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • Because she is on all those meds it would be really dangerous to add anything else in without speaking to a pharmacist.
    If it is swollen and sealed you can ease it by bursting it - Everyone will tell you not to , but ---- it will help. Sterilize a sharp needle in boiling water, have your Mom hold a heat pack on the area for a while, Then pop the abscess. The pus will drain out and she should feel some relief.
    As you must know this is a sure sign of a very serious infection near the root of the tooth. Sadly you know what has to happen eventually, someway, otherwise she will continue to suffer like this and worse.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

  • disolve ateaspoon of sal in 4 ozof warm - hot water then have her swish it around i n her mouth do that ever 3 hours for 2 days it will taste gross but the salt willnaturally get rd of the puss it will dry it out and with the puss gone so will the pain. also i would put some ambesol on it or some oragel you cna get the baby kind oshsecanuse it as neeededandit works so well

    Answer by jajamama at 6:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.