Are you looking forward to heaven or not?

Sure I want to go to heaven but somewhere along the way I still don't feel worthy of going there and in a way I think it might be boring there.What do you know about heaven?For Christians please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont believe all will go to heaven, i believe that most will live on earth, working to perfect it.

“The meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.”—Psalm 37:11
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I don't really think about it. I guess I think about heaven about the same was as I think of the lottery. Its a nice "dream" but not a reality.

"Heaven" was invented to make people feel better, and less afraid about death.
    Anonymous

• "Heaven" was invented to make people feel better, and less afraid about death.
    --------------

that's just your opinion and not fact
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• To give you a clearer picture of what to expect from the promise of Yah read Isaiah 65:17-25 this is what you are to expect. Then tell me how you feel. Yahweh bless!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

---

what an abusrd idea LOL this reeks of a person who is insecure in her own faith
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• As a Christian-raised child, the idea of heaven made me very uncomfortable and even fearful. The one idea I had of it, the whole streets of gold thing "And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure  gold, as it were transparent glass" confused instead of comforted me. I thought- aren't we supposed to not be greedy and not want gold. And what do I want with gold anyway? Then, I thought of the "all dogs go to heaven" kind of heaven and thought it would be boring, all clouds and angels and singing.

Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Then my mom used the "heart's desire" thing to tell me that whatever was in my heart would be what was in heaven. But I knew that MY heaven would be very different from HER heaven, so that would mean that we couldn't be together! She explained in a sort of Matrix/Vanilla Sky way that we would think the other person was in our heaven, like heaven would be a personalized illusion. That totally freaked me out and I didn't like it. I still haven't liked any idea of heaven except that bad things like child molestation, ravaging disease, cruelty, etc wouldn't exist. I see why people find that attractive. To me though, our actual life in this world is the thing worth coveting and living to the fullest because I don't really know what happens next. If this is all we have, life seems so much sweeter.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• The Kingdom of Heaven is within us... I look forward to Jesus reign on the earth, I do not have to wait until Heaven to experience it. I can experience it here, now , on this Earth. On EARTH as it is in Heaven!
    There are people who already walk in Heaven daily while still on earth! :-) We just have to know how to access it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm looking forward to the Kingdom based there coming to earth. But I'm not personally looking forward to going to Heaven. My hope is for a peaceful perfect life here on earth as promised. http://www.watchtower.org/e/20031115/article_02.htm

[JWmama]

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes,I am ready to hear my, "well done"! What believer doesn't long for the joys of eternal communion with Christ without all of the curse of this world getting in the way?

The Bible says: “For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him” (Isaiah 64:4,and see also 1 Corinthians 2:9).

I can hardly wait!

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2010