My son is 9 months old and he love to bite. Does anyone know how to stop him from biting before it gets too bad.

lil_thomason

Asked by lil_thomason at 5:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 9 months, I would just startle him with a quick, swift, and firm, "NO". Vs my 2 1/2 yr old who will get bit back. (and my mother was the first to bite him back, and he rarely bites now)
    jsikapv

Answer by jsikapv at 5:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son does this also. You need to be consistent and tell him no, when he does it...whatever you do...don't bite him back. It sends very mixed messages. Just keep telling him no and using time outs...he will get it eventually.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• When my son bit me, I grabbed his arm firmly (not TOO hard, but you know) and said "NO. Do not bite!" in my best mom voice. You want to startle him a little & let him know you mean business.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2008