I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT

i want to lose weight but it seems like i cant. i dont know if its because i dont have enough will power no motivation or what! i mean i know i want to and need to but i just love to eat i really do see i look like i weigh 190 but i really weigh like 250lbs yea i look good for my weight but i dont feel good...i get very unhappy and depressed at times because of my weight...my husband is not unhappy but it seems like i cant be happy with him about me...im confused PLEASE HELP ME!

cuttievachck

Asked by cuttievachck at 12:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Find something else to love besides food...knitting or crocheting will keep your hands busy when your eating because your bored..read a lot...eat lower fat versions of whatever it is you love so much...I love cheese...swiss, mozarella, any kind of cheese, but I gain weight like nobodys business if I indulge my craving for it, so instead, I use soy cheese, grate it on some 0 fat rice crackers with some tomatoes and call it nachos...it's very satisfying, you can tweek anything you love to eat with a little imagination and not feel like you are missing out, your body will thank you for it and truly, truly, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! You CAN do whatever you set your mind to do!.. Good luck!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• get excercise and have healthy snacks available, I found that just excercising makes me feel better, i am hungry afterwards but i have my snacks ready for after my workout and it works great.

Try reading the abs diet for women, it is what motivated me to get going. I dont follow the excercise plans but i did take to heart the food advice and it has been amazing. reading the book i was able to easily learn about calories, proper foods to look for when shopping and it was so easy to make the small changes.

I have already lost almost 15 pounds total and i have really nice toned arms and legs, my DH says the belly roll from 3 kids that has gone done just amazes him, now he is changing his habits too. I went off the lower calorie meals but still ate healthy and maintained my weight loss for a month, now i am back at it and already lost another 3 pounds in a week :) I have lost more inches than anything, down two jean sizes.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Another thing when you start at a higher weight it is easy to get discouraged, focus on your inches and pounds but mostly inches. If your building muscle while losing weight the scale can be deceiving so watch your inches that is where you will really see the changes.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i had the same problem as u i was addicted to food, im goign to tell you the truth, it will be hard, you need to learn self dicipline if u really want to lose weight, i did and so can you, the first days are hard but it gets easier. In just three months i went from 159 to 140 and it was hard work. I had to change my eating habits and workout alot. I try to stay within 1200 calories a day but if i crave something, i will have it, like if i want a chocolate ill have a tiny piece, so if u crave something u can have it u just need to have portion control, i use feel the same way as you, i know how you feel, so if you want a buddy or support or something feel free to message me
    adriana18

Answer by adriana18 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• hi.. well there are tons of groups for motivation i know im heading up a 90 day challenge right now and keeping up with about 50 women losing weight. im a fitness coach. id love to help you. email me and well figure something out that will help you get to your goal!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I lost weight with a healthy nutritional cleansing program. If you would like more info I can email you a website that explains the program.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 2:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2010