I just found out..

that Im 8 weeks pregnant, (my 2nd). But I was taking birth control pills up until yesterday. (I guess they didnt work lol) but will that hurt my baby? I probably should have asked, but Im just now getting over the shock, this was definatly an unexpected surprise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are not very many studies that have been done on the damage birth control can cause in the first trimester. It's more harmful when taken for an extended period of time.

Tell your doctor that you were taking them so they can closely monitor your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• if its pills, then not really i was taking birth control for 6 weeks until i found out i was pregnant, still till your doctor though, when i got pregnant my doctor said the baby was completely fine and the birth control wont harm him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2010