What happened to this site? How long have YOU been here?

The other post got me thinking...What HAPPENED to this site?

I found this site 3 years ago in the middle of the night when my DD was having trouble latching and I was desperate. The women I found were helpful and kind. They answered my endless questions without once being rude.

There were debaits back then but now...W-O-W...It seems people on this site get worse EVERY DAY! I'm amazed at how down right hateful people can be.

In the past week I've seen death wishes on another women's husband, a mother being called a hoe even though her post had nothing to do with sex, and a post with 15 replies telling a hopeful mother-to-be how stupid she must be when all the so called "knowledgable people replying to the post never even answered the question.

What happen to this site?
Why have things changed SO much in 3 years?

How long have you been here? What was the site like when you joined?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have been a member for 2 years and there were always bitches here. I don't get everyone saying it changed. I have always seen the crazy bitches around.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It was a completely different place 3 years ago.

There was the occational crazy person but it was like 5% crazy 95% normal and nice.

Now it's like 85% crazy and mean 15% normal and nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I've been on her a year and a half and I don't think it's changed much.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Ive been on the site off and on for about 9 months now
    used it for advice about my pregnancy when I first started and now advice for my son who is now 4 months
    I dont pay attention to the rude ppl on here, any women who leave negative comments simply get ignored by me

I think it has changed a little bit
    mostly the fact that some ppl would come on religiously everynight if even for a few minutes and they got scared off by ppl harassing them
    ( i only know this because for most of my pregnancy I was on every single night)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• So true!!!!!! I have been on for 3 years or so and I agree it use to be somewhat normal with an occasional rude one. Now, it's all over the place. I tend to not join drama filled groups! I find I have enough going on with my own life....I like to come to a place for advice,laughs and someone to relate to! Aren't we all "MOMS" here and ADULTS?
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• omg, i know!! ive been here for maybe a lil over 2 yrs, and it used to be awesome!!! i would literally spend hours on here at night..now im on for 20-30 minutes, and thats it..to much drama!!! to many rude anon's. everyones bashing everyone..not cool!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Scary enough I have been here almost 3 1/2 years and you are right OP it has changed, those who have only been her a year or two have no idea what it used to be like. The bashing that goes on now happened but not in every post it was mostly kept to the groups or the touchy subjects. I remember when journals was a really fun place to hang out and answers well used to be a great place to get advice. Now you have to weed through the crap and hope that one of the more helpful moms answers. The good moms who are here for helping others and to talk through the crazy parts of parenting are still here. You may get 20 nasty answers but more than likely you will see 3 or 4 helpful ones buried in there.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yep been here for 2 years and the anon nasty answers are horrible now. Calling names like Bitch and hoe, just nasty. I stay because for Moms looking for real answers we are here and if they can wade through the judgemental anons, we can still answer
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yep 2 years ago I loved this place. I think one trashy mom told all of her friends about it and they have over run the place. I just report the means every chance I get.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2010