Druggie Father and Son's Safety

I recently discovered that my ex-husband has been using drugs (crack specificly) and has also been going around with a friend of his to sell drugs out of his truck. We have a son together, who is special needs, and I have custody of my son. However, my ex and I have an agreement outside of court that he can take him 2 weekends a month to spend time with him. Now, I do not want to send my son with him for those 2 weekends because I do not feel it is safe. My ex already has another child that he has had nothing to do with for the last 10 years and her mother and her mother and I have become close friends. I have thought about having my ex's rights terminated on the grounds that he is neglectful of our son's safety because I have found out that my son has been with him during several of these events. His daughter's mother is already in the process of terminating his rights to his daughter due to lack of involvment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My fiance' has already informed me that he will be more than willing to take the role of legal father to my son and has also made it clear that he intends to be in my son's life, even if we should decide to take seperate paths (which, at this point, is unlikely). I have already spoken with my ex and informed him that my son will not be going with him anymore until what he is doing stops. He has been made aware that I know what he has been doing, where he has been doing it, and whom he has been doing it with so he cannot argue that it is not going on. He has also been made aware that his disregard to our son's safety has made me question his rights to my son. The question I have is this. Should I go forward with terminating his rights to my son? And, if so, should I allow my fiance' to take up as my son's legal father?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Is this a question..? Duh terminate his rights
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Do NOT send you son over there any more...end of story
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• OP here:

I am not sending my son over there anymore. My ex has already been made aware of it, as I stated in my post. My question is should I terminate his RIGHTS.
    Anonymous