My daughter who is 18, having trouble breathing and her inhalers aren't working

She is 4 hours away at college and there is nobody that can take her into the ER what can she do to breathe easier? She has asthma that is affected by excercise and today she was dancing then played a game of basketball.
She took singular, advair and proair and it has been 30 minutes and no results. I hate to call paramedics. My hands are tied and she's leaning on me for help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• she needs to sit upright in a steamy room. If there is a dorm leader or similar she should go to them or call them. Tell her to breathe slowly and calmly through her nose. She should also increase the meds- are any of those like ventolin or asmol (i'm in Australia & our drug names are different) If they are puffers tell her 2 puffs every 5 minutes til help of some sort arrives. If it were me I would ring anyone you know, even a church leader who might know someone near her ( like a pastor in her parish). Get them to go and take her to the ER. Asthma is deadly and is not worth waiting on. Or call an ambulance yourself, whatever the cost it is worth it if she is alive in the morning. Go now, don't wait for more answers. Ring her
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• well call them just in case... they can see her and give her advice and maybe some oxygen.. its free as long as she doesn't take a ride with them
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Paramedics would rather come to a situation that is not serious than not be called and have someone die. If she is still distressed, call now
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Tell her to get in a cab and get to the ER. She needs medical help and shouldn't stay at home because of the cost
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Ummm breathing is important, find a ride to er or call 911 to take her.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2010