is their anyway to target belly fat??

is their anyway to target belly fat?? Anything i need to eat or stop eating to help belly fat?? Ever since mid January i started my diet and i have lost about 18 lbs i went from 158 to 140. But i noticed its mostly my legs and face and butt shrinking and toning. I need to target the belly in which sticks out more. I have tried yoga, pilates, sit ups, crinches, alot of cardio, but nothing works

adriana18

Asked by adriana18 at 2:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• leg ups will work your lower abs...lie on the floor and lift your legs til your body is a 90 degree angle then lower your legs, to reps of 10 for as many sets as you can...jackknives will work the upper abs....lie on the floor and lift your legs and arms at the same time to get close to touching your toes. again reps of ten for as many sets as you can
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You can't "spot reduce" parts of your body. Everyone loses fat differently, in your case the fat on your abdominal area will be the last to go, just keep losing and it will eventually come off. All the sit ups and ab exercises in the world can't help you lose the fat around that area any more than doing calf or arm exercises can help you lose the abdominal fat. I'm not saying don't bother with ab exercises, you'll want to have some hot abs once you get lean enough to see them!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i use a workout dvd that targets the belly.. ive gotten rid of my huge prego skin and my layer of second boob is going away!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• blueliner is wrong because you have muscles in your abdomen that need to be strengthened, thats where the belly fat comes from is weak abdominals. ab exercises will strengthen your abs and get you that flat tummy you want
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• UMM, sorry but allishott2 is wrong lol. FAT cannot come from weak abdominal muscles lol. Like I said, you should still work them so that you have nice hard abs to look forward to when you lose the fat, but doing ab exercises will NOT help you lose fat on your abs anymore than any other place on your body.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2010