I had a miscarriage, how long do i have to wait to conceive again?

At 12 weeks of pregnancy I had a miscarriage. It was an awful experince. And a terrible secret im keeping from my 4 yr old daughter. How long do i have to wait to conceive? and when does my cycle start? I havent gotten my period. Any ideas , or tips on a fast conception!? Thanks And God bless you all.

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 2:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• generally Drs say 3 months. I would say you need to wait til you have one full cycle before you start again. I understand about the secret from your daughter, my bathroom walls have seen many silent tears shed as I try to pull myself together before facing my kids to do playdough.
    Good Luck Mooma
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• This is something you need to ask your doc/ob. My SIL was told to wait a year when she miscarried at 16 weeks. Her sister was told to wait 6-9 months when she miscarried at 12 weeks. It's going to be different for different people, based on the possible reasons you miscarried. My SIL (other side of the family) get pregnant the month after having a really early (7 weeks) miscarriage. We can't tell you for sure, you need to ask your doc/ob.
    Anonymous

• I miscarried at 5 weeks and was told I only needed to wait one cycle since I did not have a D&C or anything like that. This is something you will just need to talk to your Doctor about and even their answer is going to vary from doctor to doctor.

Keep in mind, pregnancy after loss can be very scary. I suggest having a clear head on your shoulders and as much of a handle on your emotions as you can before getting pregnant again. Because it is very very scary.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 2:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2010