elevated liver levels in toddler?

Has anyone ever been told that their toddlers liver levels were elevated? What turned out to be the cause. I can't even sleep thinking about what I've researched.

mrsjonzy

Asked by mrsjonzy at 2:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mommy I found this site http://www.medicinenet.com/liver_blood_tests/page3.htm (cut and paste into your browser)
    Although the extreme is scary, the moderate to mild is much nicer, and could apply. If your Dr was seriously concerned your baby would be in hospital right this minute. Has he has tylenol, or been unwell otherwise. Try to relax and trust your Doctor. I am studying nursing and the key comment we hear all the time is, "don't panic until the doctor does"
    If the dr is saying, lets wait and do more tests soon, or make an appointment and we will talk, he is only mildly concerned. If he is saying, get baby in to hospital not, then you need to worry
    Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• the problem is it was an ER dr. not our regular dr. I took him in because he decided to eat a mushroom out in the yard and after calling poison control I took him in. I hadn't thought about it until i was watching tv and that was the first sign of something terrible in this little boy. I need to relax i'm freaking out.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Breath Mommy It will be okay - from all this it seem the levels can elevate due to any virus, common medicines etc. See your own Dr and try to stay calm
    also found this
    1) It is possible to have a transient elevation of liver enzymes and have them normalize a short time after. Liver function tests are normally available within hours of the test.
    2) Since alcohol has been found in human milk and can interfere with the milk ejection reflex, alcohol consumption should be avoided while breast-feeding. It may be possible for the enzymes to be elevated via exposure to the breast milk.
    3) It may be possible for a virus to temporarily raise the liver enzymes. For further evaluation, you can consider imaging studies (i.e. an ultrasound), as well as a referral to a gastronterology specialist. If negative, repeating the liver enzymes on a serial basis can be considered
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Thanks for answering my question. Hopefully i'll sleep tonight :)
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2010