Great Dane Owner's

Allright, I have alway's fed my 2-year-old female dane the best of the best dog food....but....we have recently fallen on hard time's (I lost my job) and I can not afford to buy the more expensive dog food right now.

Is there a "cheaper" brand of dog food I can feed her and still keep her healthy?

I love my dog so I don't want to "rob" her of the nutrient's her breed need's.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pets

• If you have a Costco membership or a friend that does I'd go with their Kirkland Brand dog food, very good food for the money.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I feed mine the natural blends of purina one. In the white bag. My two dogs are doing well on it. And yes one is a dane.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• What were you feeding her? You might want to look at Verus, Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul and Blue Buffilo.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Kirkland is a very good inexpensive brand
    Anonymous

• Purina
    Anonymous

• I feed my dane mix Nutro Senior because it has glucosamine and chondroitin. It's the only thing that doesn't gas him up. He's 10.5 and everyone comments on how nice his coat still looks even though he has a grey muzzle. The farm and feed store is cheaper than any other place. They may have a house brand that is reasonably priced and even grain-free.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am a registered Vet tech you can feed them a low grade food HOWEVER you need to make sure your feeding for LARGE BREED due to the gluecosamine in the dog food. Large Breeds need that for their bones. Great Danes need a lot of support for their joints and bones. I have 2 myself and have learned a lot about the breed and work with many Vets that give great advice.

Danielle
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2010