loose skin after pregnancy?

So I have a bundle of loose skin after having my baby
he's 4 months old now and I feel like I want to get rid of it
Its gross, and just kind of THERE KWIM

If you had this bulge of loose skin how'd you get rid of it?
just working out a lot?
did it go back with time?

what type of work out would help?

I gained 60lb being pregnant...15 was weight from before pregnancy but Im counting it.

I lost 30 of those 60lbs so far, so if you could imagine between the weight and a Watermelon sized belly its pretty stretched

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• swaney06, you did not lose 2 inches of skin, you lost 2 inches of fat. I have lost about 8 inches off my waist, but I still have loose skin. Big difference.
    Anonymous

• and i Cant take any diet pills, nor would I, because Im BF

suggestions please
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy too... here's my "weight loss/body image" story:

http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/what-6-months-of-breastfeeding-can-do-anonymous/

and the update after 6 months in the gym:

http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/what-6-months-of-weight-training-can-do-ashley/

Weight loss, working out, and time will help!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Oh wow, this is so encouraging
    Im in shock right now, amazing and congrats on the body...woohoo

I want that again

Even more motivation to stick to breast feeding and make sure I continue my walks until I can make my way to the gym
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Nice job, Blueliner! Congrats!
    To the OP--I don't want to be a party pooper, but I just felt like I needed to throw in that if the problem with your belly is due to loose, stretched out skin as opposed to just extra fat, it will probably never go back to how it was before. I have lost ALL my baby weight and then some, going from just over 200 pounds, to 140 now (I am 5'7). 140 is a GREAT weight for me. But I still have a flappy belly because the skin was so stretched out. My only option for correcting it is a surgical procedure and I don't think I want to do that. At some point, if your body has flaws that you can't correct through proper nutrition and fitness, you may just have to learn to accept and appreciate it in spite of your "Battle Scars". Good luck to you. You'll never regret losing weight and getting into good physical condition even if you still have a few flaws.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i had that problem. i am working on it now.. i am trying a workout dvd thats is targeting it. i lost 2 inches of skin in 5 days.. it was awesome!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Its fat and skin, moatly fat. Im 5'7 and a good weight for me is 140 as well, Im 170 now, got up to 200 during pregnancy I know its not gonna disappear, Ive come to terms with that, but I can make it look better. My belly looks like the woman who posted and she lost it, but I know some never do and Im prepared for that...Huuby's going to pay for my tuck when Im done having babies if Im not happy with how I look. But being healthy is key here as well, thank you for the response
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010