do you miss being pregnant? Just my vent- blah

I have 4 lovely kids and we are not having more. I miss being pregnant. I can't get my head around the fact that I will never breastfeed again. I miss little kicks in the middle of the night, and I sooo miss snuggling with a newborn on my chest. I don't want or need another teenager, but I miss the anticipation of waiting for the baby and having those first few months.
Does it get easier ( my baby is 5 !)

myheartx4

Asked by myheartx4 at 3:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do very much. It's one of the most wonderful things we're blessed to have as women. The life that's growing inside of us and kicking once in a while and the breastfeeding. I miss the little kicks and the breastfeeding very, very much.

wanita61

Answer by wanita61 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• OP- Please don't read this as ingratitude, I am so lucky and blessed, I adore my kids, I just really enjoyed pregnancy and the baby years.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I miss being pregnant with the first 3 but not the last one, lol, he was 2 weeks late and was over 9lbs. I do enjoy having life growing inside of me. It is something else, kinda mind blowing to think of life inside of another, kicking away, growing each day.
    I understand not everybody is made to carry a baby. but when you have a good pregnancy it is a wonderful journey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I just had my baby a week ago and I DO NOT miss being pregnant, the only thing I like about being pregnant is feeling my baby kick and move and know that I was "growing" another life. I love my baby and would do it again but really don't miss it. I know some people that love to be pregnant but not me.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 4:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am honestly kind of torn on this. Part of me wants another child but another part of me is content with the one child I have.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm pregnant now so, no, I don't miss it. I'm over half way done and can't wait for July to get here. I'm exhausted and miserable (back hurts, hips hurt, head hurts and all I want to do is sleep).
    This is my 5th baby (6th pregnancy, pregnancy #5 ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks). I am looking forward to snuggling with the baby but not the sleepless nights. Blah. My preferred baby age is 1-3 years old. They crack me up at that age. My youngest is about to turn 4 and is starting to get an attitude (she's learning from the master--her 9 1/2yo sister). A sweet new baby (hopefully a boy) will balance that all out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010