Why is this OKAY! "Sebelius Asks Media to Censor Autism Debate."

Why is it OKAY for her to CENSOR any topic?

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/03/sebelius-asks-media-to-censor-autism-debate.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ageofautism+%28AGE+OF+AUTISM%29

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 4:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think there should be censorship. Heaven knows the medias censorship of the Obama admin and what is going on with our legislators has been detrimental to this country.

IMO, you can't to rule out a link. I deal with many of these families and there are so many children that started showing symptoms after being vaccinated. I think some of them were misdiagnosed though, I think these might be some of the kids they are considering "recovered". Diagnosing mercury poisoning can be hard. Without a definitive it is easy to see how these kids could be diagnosed with an ASD. Even if they didn't cause an ASD vaccines have made many kids sick and this shouldn't be swept under the rug.

We don't know enough about the genetics of the disorder to be able to rule anything out imo. Who knows maybe something in the vaccines or the number received at one time triggers a genetic abnormality. We just don't know.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• from above link...

There are groups out there that insist that vaccines are responsible for a variety of problems, despite all scientific evidence to the contrary. We (the office of Secretary of Health and Human Services) have reached out to media outlets to try to get them not to give the views of these people equal weight in their reporting.”
    See Reader's Digest HERE."
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Well, since the vaccines = autism link has NOT been proven time and time again, and there is ALREADY a TON of misinformation circulating out there as to what MIGHT cause Autism, I actually think this is a responsible position.

WHEN and IF a CREDIBLE double blind study involving a SIGNIFICANT number of children and adults displaying or diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder--not just a dozen or so by some "questionable scientists" is done, and the results are printed by an acceptable medical journal such as JAMA, THEN, I will give some creedence to the possibility.

Until that happens, I will continue to maintain my position that vaccines do not CAUSE autism in otherwise perfectly healthy children (with absolutely no "hidden or unnoticed" developmental issues.

As many of you know I have 2 children with autism. Even though I am curious as to what caused it, I refuse to point the finger of blame at vaccines!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree,Lorikeet.
    And just recently there was something I read about the fact that autism is present at birth but the signs are not apparent until the child is much older. It was online...maybe it can be found by Googling autism. Anyway.... I absolutely fear for children whose Moms refuse to allow them to get their vaccinations.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I absolutely fear for children whose mothers refuse to look at evidence of the harm of vaccinations even after you throw out the autism argument. Much like I fear for the children whose mothers refuse to feed their children healthy whole foods, eliminate toxic products from their homes and environments, and make sure their children get exercise and fresh air.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Amen Lori! My thoughts exactly!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I don't think censorship is okay, as far as anything goes...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Maybe this is a good place to begin with doubting the confirmed lack of correlation... http://www.cphpost.dk/component/content/48525.html?task=view

WEDNESDAY, 17 MARCH 2010 12:19 RC NEWS Critics of MMR vaccines say Danish researcher’s alleged fraud casts doubt on studies refuting connection between shots and autism...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am not anti-vaccine but I do believe the increasing vaccine load that children have been give in the past 25 years and are being given currently, are contributing to the ASD dx's.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010