what are somethings I can teach my DD before she goes to kindergarden this Augest she is 5 next month

She is a smart girl I mean she learns thinks pretty quickly she can't wait to start school she has been asking me since 3 when she will go lol. I tought her to tie her shoe a couple months ago only took a half hour to teach her. She learned to ride her bike last week by herself with no training wheels took her all day, but she got it that she did by herself she didn't want me to do it now she is going pretty fast on her bike lol. She can count to 11 she says her ABC's and basic colors. She can spell red she learned that from her 6 year old friend. She can spell bath. She can recognize her name and can almost spell it what else can I teach her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The biggest and most important thing you can teach your child before Kindergarten is, INDEPENDENCE. She needs to be able to do things without help from mom or dad or another adult. She should be able to completely toilet by herself. Other than that, she just needs to know the basics....recognize upper and lower case letters, OUT OF ORDER, numbers 0-10, colors, shapes. She should also know the letter sounds. She should be able to cut simple lines and shapes. She does NOT need to be able to read or write or spell, she will learn that in Kindergarten.

If you really want to know, call the school she will be attending and ask them for a list from the Kindergarten teachers of what is expected. Some districts want the kids to know more than others.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• First, YOU need to learn how to spell August.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• and TAUGHT
    Anonymous

• You need to learn how to spell before you teach that child anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• screw you ANON
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• ya I know I am a bad mom cause I can't spell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I didn't say you were a bad mom.
    Never said that. Just said you should learn how to spell because you dont want to teach your child how to spell things wrong, you know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010