What's the point in posting anon?

When cafemom can see who you are anyway?
I'm saying this because there have been times I've answered a question, or posted one anonymously and got a message in my inbox that it was deleted. So even though I posted anon...they still knew who it was. So what's the point in posting anon when people can see you..? I'm doing it just for sh*ts & giggles now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• For me it's to hide from my cafemom friends! I can't hang around chatting as much as they'd like too. Plus, I want to answer questions I don't want to discuss or justify to my cm friends. I don't post anything nasty so I don't mind the cm team knwoing who I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I asked the same question, so I don't have an answer for you.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I posted something anon in haste a while back and it was deleted and I was thankful for it. Sometimes we react emotionally without thinking. To keep the site friendly and honest over all they should be able to delete anon message and know who sent them. Wish there was an edit button for anon answer mind you. I hate seeing my answers going off with such bad grammar, spelling and incoherence and me not able to delete and try and again. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I believe so you can insult someone and the poster insulted doesn't know it was you. I think its a little childish though. OR maybe if its a personal question that you do not want your friends to see like... why isn't my rash going away... or something like that.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I only do it if I'm asking an embarrassing question.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It is none of anyone's business why we post ANON or with our SN. Just remember that it is better to be NICE than nasty and you will be fine!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm not worried about cafemom. I am worried about the family who is on this site and who are on my friends list. Since every time I post or answer a question is noted on my friend list, there are some things that they do not need to know about me. I try to seek advice, but sometimes it goes against what they believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Only CafeMom can tell who you are, and the only reason they would try is if you were reported.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I have no problem with cafemom knowing when I post anon. But every detail of my life is not free for every internet troll out there.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yah, I have no family on CM so I wouldn't worry but I do have a few friends here so I try to be nice. :-) My family thinks it is crazy to even READ any message boards,forums on the Internet. They would think I was nuts if I told them I post here. LOL. I don't tell them .....hehe.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2010