found out last night that husband is cheating. how do i go on with a normal day?

i have 3 kids to care for but how do i go on????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• How did you find out, and where is he? Does he know you know? Have you talked about it? You need to give more detail than that. And you wont have a normal day. Trust me. You wont have a normal day for a while. It's a difficult thing to deal with. I'm sorry you're going through this...HUGS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Try to think about them, not him. Maybe do somethings that don't require you to be a part of the action, like going to the park or putting on a movie for a little while.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It stinks.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Just do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• but him aside and take care of those babys i know it's hard but the babys need you first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Don't let them see you cry. That's terrible that you are going through this! Hugs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You get busy. If you don't work outside the home start looking for a job. Find a good lawyer to protect your assets. If your husband is still around start putting money into your own account. Be practical and be smart.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Take care of those babies, but also make sure that you take some time out for you, also. There is nothing worse than finding out the infidelity of a partner and have to move on as if nothing happened. You do have to take some time for you. If the kids take naps, go take a bath. I know you are hurting, trust me I know, and there is nothing worse than trying to move on when you need a good cry, and a good break.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• op here - i found out through an email on his BB. he snatched the phone from me, stuck it in his pocket, then ran outside for a walk and came back with it deleted. I am sick to my stomach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Pack up the kids and get out of there. Go stay with family and while you're there, get a lawyer. File for divorce and custody of the children so he can't try to kidnap them. The lawyer will help you to get child support, alimony, and 1/2 of everything. Your husband will have to sell the home you live in (if it's a house) and give you 1/2 of what he gets for it. Furniture, money in the bank, you will get 1/2 of everything. While you wait for that to happen you can go to your local dept of social services and get on some PA. You can get a social worker that will provide you with an apartment, food stamps, WIC, daycare assistance, and more. If you don't have a job now, start looking. You CAN do this, stay strong!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• are you sure he's cheating?
    do you have a friend or relative that you can call on to take the kids for a overnight or afternoon or something?
    But I would not tell the relative or friend what is going on- I'd just tell them that you are upset.

if you do slip and cry in front of the kids then I would just tell them that you are feeling sad- that sometimes grownups feel sad just like kids do.

Kids are going to know that something is up no matter what.
    Just do your best- I hope things work out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010