Why did she scream like that?

I just don't get it. My DD is 2 and a half. She's been going to school with EI for like 2 months now. She only goes once a week, but she would always be so excited when the van came to pick her up. It's the same driver every time...so she knows her now...and she'd get all excited when I buckled her in, and be saying hi to the little boy next to her...and last week...she didn't really wanna go...and she cried, but I knew she was fine. Then today...oh man. She has NEVER acted like this before...she screamed bloody murder...and grabbed onto me and would NOT let go. She fought me as I put her in the carseat. She looked so scared. I have no idea why all of a sudden, she's freaking out like that. She doesn't really have separation anxiety...at least I didn't think so until today...I felt so bad leaving her...why do you think she did this...and any tips on how to handle it next time? I just kept telling her (cont)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• (contd) to relx, that she was going to school, and she was gunna have lots of fun, and she'd see mommy later. I just don't get it, it doesn't make sense to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• When my son was almost four yo I used a teenage babysitter while I went on errands -after the first time or two at the most my son did not want to left with her, he cried and tried to stop me from going. Sitter seemed fine to me, I got her through a local girl scouts troop. Soon my soon was crying he wanted to go shopping with me when in the past he wanted to stay home -that's why I got the sitter.

I mentioned this go my mother in law who raised five kids, several grandchildren. Mom was always reason in storms,calm. Mom told me something was wrong,stop using the girl. That was not what I expected to do. I don't know what happened. But when I stopped he calmed down and could be left with a newer sitter.

I think you should follow the school bus one day w/o telling anyone,not even dd or driver. Does driver have an aide. I've seen preschool, handicap bus drivers stop at Post Office, other times another smoke on bus w/kids.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree that SOMETHING is wrong. You will probably never know what is actually going on that caused her to be so upset but it's entirely not worth it, pull her out find somewhere else to send her.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I would head right up to the school to talk to the teacher and or the principal. It may be nothing at all, but if it is...you need to find out. And I wouldnt just let them talk you into being ok, really question them and get sneaky you know what I mean. FIND OUT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i would pull her out, if she has never had seperation anxiety before and was excited to go before and now she is scared i would say somethng is up. good luck
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010