How do i get my 3 year old to go number two in the potty?

tiffany13728

Asked by tiffany13728 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mine just went poopy in the potty she is almost 3 just keep trying it will come
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I got mine to poop in the potty the first time by watching her like a hawk and when I could tell she was trying to poop i took her to the potty and "coached" her through it. i even grunted and pretended like i was helping her get it out. and then after she went i kept high fiveing her and telling her how proud i am and called family to rave about it where she could hear me. and then she never pooped in her diaper again...good luck momma
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• bribe them with m&m's :-) it works. I give my son two when he goes #1 and a handful (his handful, about 5 or 6) when he goes # 2. It worked wonders!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I also watched for signs in my SS....and it was usually the same time of day! thing was, after naps he started playing in it!! eww! soooo i got a reward chart (they even have bookmark small ones) and everytime he went #2 in the potty, he got a sticker, after he filled it up a certain amount he got a reward. i took him to the $ store and let him pick out a toy! he thought it was awesome, and after a month of that, we were done!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I had a really different situation with my son and going #2 becasue of problems.. Anyway he was scared to go and would hold it so I started bribing him with ring pops at first and then Brownies.. he is 5 and still wants a brownie when he is done..lol but hey whatever works! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010