Can you lose your mucus plug and not be in labor yet? Or is that the onset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can lose the plugs weeks before labor begins, it's different for everyone. With my first two I lost the plug and immediately began contracting. The third, I lost a little at a time over the last 2 weeks of pregnancy.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You canlose it more than once.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes you can but you can but you still should be seen by the doctor. Dilation can start and really isn't felt. I lost my plug early morning about 8 am but my conractions didn't start until that night and I was only five cm dilated four days later. Did you just post about cramps and mucus type wipe? Whether or not you did if you think you lost your plug even though a pregnancy can continue very healthy it's important for doctor to examine you to ensure healthiness. You could be dliating too and not know it.

All that is important for you and doctor to know.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I lost my plug at 10 weeks, and then again before I went into labor with my son.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I lost mine a week before I was induced. There was no sign of labor beginning at all. You can't really go by that unfortunately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• OP Here- Not sure why I went anon. My water broke 10 minutes later so it didn't matter anyways! lol My water broke at 8:30 (different time zone than CM) and my son was born at 10:15!! It was fast. I pushed for all of 3 minutes!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I lost my plug three weeks before I had my baby...and then I was induced...
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 8:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2010