Bruised gum??

the other day while i was at work my 2 year old was running through the house, i guess she fell on something smackin the top of her mouth. today she told me it hurs so i looked, its al yelow but it dont look mushy or nasty, just a gross yelow color and i noticed that the gum was pushed up on her tooth, is there anything i can do for this, could she loose her tooth??? should i see if i can get her into the dentist?? or the doctor??

Aranna

Asked by Aranna at 9:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• You should take her to the dentist today. My son fell in play once and 'killed' his tooth, he had a root canal, it was a baby tooth so it was kept in place but it turned gray. My daughter fell off a fence and had to be examined for a possible fractured tooth, thank God it happened in the summer. She could not bit with her front teeth for two months as per our pediatric dentist.

The roots of the tooth could have been injured plus the gum swelling, bruising hurts too. Just get her in today.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2010