IF your teen get pregnant, who's to blame?

I don't care what anyone says. I know that I do instill good values, not that my daughter is pregnant but some person said it is what you instill in them.

Some kids learn the hard way, and you know what, YOU CAN'T BLAME THE HOME ALL OF THE TIME, some parents allow unruly behaivor that is one thing I don't do. Sometimes kids get influenced and are not strong enough to walk away.

Some people are so ignorant, and need to get off the my kid would never-because you never know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I agree, I got into an argument in a post the other day b/c this one poster wanted to say that if you raise them right, you dont have problems when they are older, like adult age.

WHAT??? NOT TRUE! you can do the best you possibly do sometimes and sometimes kids just make bad decisions.

THat to me is the scariest part of parenting, that you can do your best, but sometimes they still make a huge mistake or get lost into a world of drugs or something. scary!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i think its the parents responsibility to teach their child good morals & values. And to keep trust in their relationship with their child, so they are comfortable to talk about anything with you. Also, depending on the age espically, dont give them TOO much freedom to where they have the opportunity to get pregnant in the first place. But then dont smother them to where when they do get free they do all the things you didnt let them do. Its a tough job, fortunally my son is only 10months =) but i do remeber when i was younger my mom was really strict and i didnt get to do much, i hated it then, but when i got older and more mature i thanked her for not letting me go out and end up pregnant or with some STD
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree EthansMommy....I think parents these days are being too lenient and not controlling their kids enough. But you cant be with them 24 hours a day...and some of them are gonna make a mistake.

For instance my husband is a high school teacher, and teachers have caught kids having sex in the bathroom or stairwells, more than once!

Kids will find a time and place if they really want to do something.

I had a tough mother who kept control of me, and I thank her for that too! But I still did a few things that she really doesnt know about to this day..lol. Even though she was super stricked and taught HIGH morals!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• wow! that is true. Ugh i dunno, i just hope my son is smart enough to make good decisions lol! I hate watching 16 & pregnant on mtv, and the parents letting the boyfriends stay the night and sleep in the same bed! 16!! no wonder they are pregnant!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I hate that show too, I cant stand watching the immaturity that seems to flow from their pores. lol.

I worry about my kids too, I try to teach them, even though they are 6 and 4, about how to be good decision makers, and how not to do what other people do b/c other people mess up.

Its hard though....I ask my dh almost daily if he is sure he doesnt want me to home school our kids...hahahaha. We are both teachers! With all the stories he comes home to tell me, it scares me, its a tricky world out there for our teens and learning to get around in it can trip them up.

Uggggg, scary!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Your high school teen? Your fault for not supervising them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yoweee...kids having sex in school? That has to be wrong. But if they did that here, they would be expelled. I mean, you just don't do tthat! And my kids were either at school or at home or playing sports on teams at school. We knew where they were ALL the time. They had no cars, they had friends that we knew and we knew their parents,too. We would notallow drinking,.or hanging out with kids who did drink. They did their homework , stayed home, watched TV with us, read, etc. and worked parttime to save money for college. They decided to wait to have sex....If any of my kids or grandkids heard that any kids were having sex at their schools or after school, they would have been appalled and would not approve. Good lord....sex in school? That is perverted.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Well, I had my son when I was 16! My mom was never open to talk to about anything, she never had the "talk" with me and didnt feel I could talk to her there to ask questions. I was very stupid and didnt think it would happen to me, I was a good girl, I got good grades, didnt do drugs, I didnt sleep around. I got with one serious relationship with a boy and ended up getting pregnant 2 months after losing my virginity. (I now have my wonderful son, and married his dad) But I was able to graduate with my class on time, and I am now in college! Regardless of everything!You shouldnt judge people, because you dont know the whole story!!! It happens, rather anyone likes it or not! I dont think that teenagers are informed enough, and I dont think they feel like they can talk to their parents! Had I been able to get birthconrol I would have used it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I think it is the parents fault to an extent, they can not control every thing their teen does but they can talk to them and be oppen to what they have to say! I think that there should be easier access to birth control because I am almost positive if they were able to get the BC then they would use it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• The SAD thing is I was raised in a wonderful area-WEALTHY, EDUCATED, and if half the moms new there DAUGHTERS used abortion clinics as birth control THEY WOULD DIED there moms walked around like my daughter would never.

That is why I find some parents ignorant. Wake up, your kid could be one of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010