Need weight lose tips!!

I'm overweight and i need to lose at least 10-20 in a month ,
I'm going to visit friends and i don't want to look ENORMOUS !
can anyone give me some advice on losing weight,
I'm a late night snacker , and a comfort food eater ! ( i know that i need to stop)
I don't drink soda , and i have switched to 2% milk!
any advice would help!

eikensmom

Asked by eikensmom at 10:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• Cut out all dairy and refined sugar and you'll drop fast. Also, you must exercise. Diet alone will not get you the results you want, plus you just need to be healthy for the kids. You also must eat 6 small meals a day and never eat past 7pm in order to boost your matabolism. When you feel the urge to snack, eat a handful of almonds. They are good for you and will give you an energy boost. You can add dairy back in slowly after 2 weeks, but keep it to a minimum.

Above all else, do NOT do a fad diet, do NOT take diet pills or aides, and do NOT eat fad "diet" food (slim fast, protein bars, etc because they are processed junk). You need to eat as much fresh fruit and veggies as possible, no more canned veggies. If you can't eat fresh veggies, eat frozen. Canned veggies are loaded with sodium which will hurt any weight loss attempts.

True lasting weight loss comes from a lifestyle change and not from diet gimmicks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Support, and I am a late night snacker, but have been brushing my teeth earlier, so I won't snack and keeping my self busy. When I want a sweet. Peanut butter on toasted wheat bread, or jelly depending on the mood.

Jello, low fat and sugar jellow with whip cream.

Salty snack-popcorn with some fresh cheese shake, shake.

Make your self play outside, ball with the kids. Walk around the neigborhood every night, take diffrent routes, and most of all POST A RECENT PIC ON THE FRIDGE, IT MOTIVATES ME.....

gOOD LUCK i AM HERE FOR YOU...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• DRINK ONLY WATER.....
    HAVE 1 CUP JUICE DAILY, AND 1 CUP OF MILK....

CUT SODA BIG WEIGHT GAINER.

VITAMINS, SALAD, AND TUNA W/ONE TEASPOON OF MAYO-REALLY NONE BUT IF YOU CAN'T EAT IT PLAIN THEN ONE TEASPOON, WRAP IT IN LETTUCE, LIKE A SANDWHICH.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You cannot lose 20 pounds in month without compromising your health or gaining it back with a vengeance.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the advice !

Much appreciated!
    eikensmom

Answer by eikensmom at 12:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2010