Is this what we want for the entire country?

This is information about what is happening with the HC in the state of Mass.
-Insurance premiums there are now the highest in the country.

In Mass.

-Health care costs there have skyrocketed, not fallen, and health care spending is now 27% higher than the national average.

-The state is already having to conduct cost containment hearings.

-Seven hospitals there are suing over outrageously inadequate reimbursements.

-It has only "worked" as long as it has due to extensive federal assistance (who's going to bail out the country when this time-disproven fiscal suicide goes national?).

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It's going to be a huge mess.

Another entitlement.

How can taxpayers pay to feed, house, educate, and purchase cell phones for all of the "underserved" , "disadvantaged" in our society?
    We have created a class of people who feel that they have a "right" to everything and have to expend zero effort to make it in life.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Treasurer Timothy P. Cahill says if we implement similar (obamacare) on a national scale it will threaten to wipe out our entire economy.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/mass-type_health_care_could_wi.html

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I said it before and I will again the state of Tennessee also tried similar back in the 90's and it came real close to bankrupting the state.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• “Who, exactly, is going to bail out the federal government if this plan goes national?” he asked.
    great question that alot of us have asked before
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• BUT, BUT, BUT, It's FREEEEEEEE.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Don't forget Carpy, it will somehow cover everyone, even though it won't, and employers will see their premiums go down by 3000%.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:02 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• banging head into wallThis is SO crazy!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I don't understand why all these people in Washington that are highly educated think this a good idea. I view it like high school, they all want to be popular and win prom queen(presidency nomination) so they do stupid things and agree to stupid things hoping they'll get it. Which is beyond me, I mean come on $400,000 to have your whole life ripped apart by everyone and their mother, the weight of literally the world on your shoulders, and constant threat of being assassinated because someone doesn't like what you say or do. I'm sorry there's no way I would ever take that job. Go to college get business smart or major in economics and learn how to make a ton of money. You can the same amount of influence without all the negatives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• TN- Did SP Brown, the newly elected Republican Senator from MA support that MA HC legislation or was he against it? Thoughts/comments?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010