Is Cafemom dying to Facebook?

Seems like over the last year and half...cafemom is not as active as it once was. I own a group and I am hard pressed to get anyone to participate! Anyone else notice this?

madetobeamom

Asked by madetobeamom at 10:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • I use both Cafemom and Facebook and I don't see how anyone can get the same information from the other. These sites, to me are used differently by each person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I have definitely reduced CM time in favor of Facebook. The main difference is that I know my FB people, 98% from real life, while CM is just screen names. A few CM mamas have made it to my FB page, but not many.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• ditto pnukey.

facebook is personal...I know them.

cafemom is not. I know a few and some have made it to facebook (even if it was for the insidious games lol) but they've become better friends now that I know them on there.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I use both, and they are very separate for me. I think the inaction is due to many moms leaving CafeMom because of the noxious, vile attitude they find here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree with :46. FB and CM are two completely different entities to me. I can be open about certain things here (atheism and liberalism, for two) that I absolutely cannot mention on FB without losing friends and family members. Been there, done that, not fun.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Facebooks if for people that you know from school and work... This place is for moms that mostly want to bitch how horrible theirl ives are or how they want to control other mothers lives on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• 10:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Facebooks if for people that you know from school and work... This place is for moms that mostly want to bitch how horrible theirl ives are or how they want to control other mothers lives on here
    ***************
    LOL. I know what you mean. But I am really not into Facebook either. It can be boring and I don't like the Farmville stuff....I am thinking of deleting my account there and maybe even here. This is a strange group here at CM....Too many women who use the "F" word , talk about sexual behavior that sounds like porn and then tell you that formula feeding is poisoning your babies.. Oh my ......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I like cafemom better because the groups I am in over there are no where near as active as the ones over here.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• The tow are in no way related for me. I am very active on both but in different ways.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I think myspace is dying to facebook more than CM. I use CM and FB in different ways as well.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2010