High Risk HPV

Has anyone been diagnosed with HPV ? I have 13 of the pre-cancerous cells and i am going for a scope next week, can anyone tell me there experience with this?
what am i going to expect? Also i have really BAD periods and Heavy , they are so bad that i am laid up for 2 days when i get it!
Is this due to the HPV and how serious is this problem ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• I was diagnosed with HPV at 19. They did a biopsy (which was uncomfortable but didn't hurt) and sent that away. Everything came back fine but the cells were pre-cancerous. I have had five pap smears since then and it seems that removing those cells fixed the problem. I haven't had an abnormal smear since then (i'm 25 now). Your body can get rid of HPV. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I also had it -- they found out when i was pregnant with my son so they had to wait until my 6 week checkup to do anything -- I am usually good with pain..but when they did the biopsi I blacked out for a few seconds.... it wasnt becasue fo the pain though i think it was because i could hear it ( it makes like a clicking sound) and also the way my DR had me laying ...my head was hanging down basically...

I had the LEEP done ..but I had my mom go with me in case I blacked out again and just for someone to hold my hand ( and I usually dont want anyone going with me to any Drs) it made it ALOT better having someone there with me I was sore after it happened but i still went shopping that day...

I also have the same kind of periods you have ..but I have PCOS which causes it, I dont think cervical problems would do that...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• make sure that you do not insert anything into your vagina 24 hours before a papsmear...even sex. this can create abnormal cells. i just wanted to say that, b/c i was never told that!
    the body can rid itself of hpv.
    dr's have found that observation is best when discovering pre cancerous cells. they have become far less aggressive in thier treatments, b/c they have found that if left alone the body often times will heal itself.
    as far as your periods being heavy...discuss this with your dr. diet exercise and stress can all impact your cycle.
    good luck and good health to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I had a LEEP done, and as far as I know I do not have hpv anymore. I have to get checked this month. Hopefully it does not come back. Luckily it is a slow virus, so as long as you get regular checkups, you should be good to go. Many people can suppress the virus out of thier system, while others with weak immune systems are more infectous to disease. Prevention is key--eat good, excercise, keep a clear mind, limit sexual partners, ect.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Thank you all for answering me back and the advice
    I really appreciate it ! :)
    eikensmom

Answer by eikensmom at 12:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2010