Now they are excluded for medical studies too??

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/03/17/gay-lesbian-clinical-trial-exclusion.html
Thoughts?

Asked by older at 10:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • If so many of you don't care about this, don't think it's a big deal, and aren't concerned about it all...then why are you here answering this question and jumping all over the OP and telling her to stop caring about issues that are important to her? It's just another chance for you to bully someone and typically, you took it.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• The last time someone posted a study that was only on gays, you dismissed it because it didn't say what you liked. Get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• it's important when you're doing a study to eliminate as many variables as possible to get the most reliable results. they do studies for different things and i am quite certain there are studies about many different topics specifically in the gay community thus screening out straight people. i don't see an issue
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I think this a no win. If they INCLUDE gays there are those that claim they are being exploited. If they EXCLUDE gays then THIS happens. I am not REAL sure what would make people happy. An Equal balance I guess. But that requires ASKING what you do in YOUR BEDROOM. WHY would that be relevant. Its like the race Q...or when I call my kids Ped after hrs and they want to know what ins we carry.....if theses things are NOT taken inito consideration for a decision WHY do they EVEN need to be ASKED!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Look!  Up in the air!  It's the caped gay crusader!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• To apply for federal funds in the U.S., a study can't exclude based on gender, race or ethnicity.

And they get away with it?

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Anon, I do not need to be satisfied but like I said before,To apply for federal funds in the U.S., a study can't exclude based on gender, race or ethnicity.

Answer by older at 11:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree with PrincessBeth on this.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Why would you include those that live an "at risk" lifestyle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2010