Special needs kids.

would you keep your baby if you found out it had down's syndrome??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Of course.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i sure would...it took so long for me and my dh to actually have a child.they told me that i couldnt have any children. i would love that child with or without an flaws. and its not like the child asked to have that.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• of course i would love that child no matter what isn't their fault
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yep,,,,I work with a downs boy and he is the sweetest, most loving 3 year old on the planet.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes, and I have a son who was just diagnosed with Aspergers, and a daughter with unspecified developmental delays. They are more than worth it to me, even when things get rough. I think in a way, that special needs kids are just more loved, and every little milestone my dd makes certainly is not taken for granted. If anything were to happen to her I would be devastated...
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes - my oldest has autism and he's wonderful! There are no guarantees that children are going to by typical in every way. They are unique and each one is special.

Answer by missanc at 11:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I know this makes me sound like a horrible person but I wouldn't. I don't have the money to take care of it and my SO and his family are VERY superficial.... I don't ever want to have to abort a baby but I don't want my child to come in the world with disatvantages
    Anonymous

• yes I have 2 special needs kids and I can't imagine how my life would be without them they are both special to me
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yes, I have a cousin that has down syndrome and she is amazing in every way.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yes i would. those silly tests can never tell you how severe downs would be. some are not bad. they say downs kids are the most loving!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010