can plan b...

Hi I was wondering if u took plan b (the lady at the plannedparenthood gave it to me with out telling me what it was and I thought it was just tylenol cuz I had pains..but I found out when I was paying after my check up it was plan b) if u were prego and it didn't show up on a test but u know that you were(I had two kids already and with both I didn't get a positive test til after I was 3months)would taking the pill cause u to misscarry or anything? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it says it wont abort the baby if you are already pregnant....

I am actually not even sure how it works? You take it so you dont get pregnant ( after unprotected sex) but it doesnt do anything if you are already pregnant...I guess maybe it just does something to stop the sperm from getting to the egg? IDK
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It keeps the fertilized egg from being able to implant into your uterus, I believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It forces the lining of your uterus to become in uninhabitable for a fertilized egg. In other words, it won't let an egg implant itself. If you are already pregnant, then it's already implanted, and the pill will do nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• from what i was told and read it won't make you miscarry from what the doctor told me and from what I read but it can cause birth defects. So just be careful I wouldn't think it would hurt till your three months but if your not sure I wouldn't take them. I'm not a doctor so I'm sorry but that's what the doctor told me I was on birth control with I got pregnant with my first and the doctor told me to stop taking them but I found out at 5 weeks pregnant so like I said if your unsure always be safe and talk to the doctor they only thing they told me was to stop taking them when they told me I was pregnant. I hope what I said helps. Good Luck!
    Anonymous