how much video games are played during the day in your house?

My kids are video game fanatics. For some reason, they thought their spring break sould revolve sitting in front of the TV playing all day long. They think I am the meanest person on the planet for not letting them follow through with their dream, lol. They are limited on their game time. How much during the day do your kids play, and do you limit it?

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 11:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I personally kick them out of the house, and play with them. Frisbee, soccor, what ever they want to play. Then after a half hour the neighborhood kids come over, and they want to play with them. 1 hour at night.

In the winter too much... Kick them out, now that spring is here..... LOL
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Our boys are only allowed to watch TV/play video games, when its dark out or it's a rainy day. Otherwise they need to be playing outside or coloring, drawing or doing something constructive. Spring break isn't until the end of the month but it's only 2 days because of the snow days we had. I plan to keep them very busy for those 2 days....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I limit video games because after a while it starts to drive me nuts hearing the noise. My kids play an hour a day if they're lucky. The 8 y/o is allowed to play if he wakes up before I do in the mornings before school - pretty rare occasion. With the days getting longer now, they're outside from the time homework is done to the time the lights come on signaling its time to get home. Before DST I was allowing them to play wii before dinner for an hour. On the weekends they play from around 9-10 am before I'm letting them out to go play with their friends.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I have been trying to kick them outside, but our weather here has been either very rainy or the high has only been in the 40's. Kind of a sucky spring break!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• my daughter is 5, and she loves the wii, but she only plays for maybe, probably not even 1 hr..and even then, she plays "just dance"..so shes moving..its great excercise for her, especially when its cloudy and rainy. and she loves it, and better yet, i play with her too, so were both getting a good workout..lol, its something fun we enjoy doing together..and it makes me laugh because sometimes she even beats me..lol..kinbda embarrasing, luckily noone else sees..:)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I don't limit my son on games or tv or computer. He ends up outside anyway. Could be why he is so freakin' skinny. LOL He has everything and no limits, but, being outside with friends is more fun to him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• We don't have any video game systems, my kids are only 5 and 3 and have never played, I'm going to keep them out of the house for as long as I can. I do let them play some NickJr. games on the computer once in a while, but they do that maybe once every 2 weeks.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• 30 min. before bed weeknights IF he got his sticker (had a good day) ther is more play on weekends but I still try to make sure he is doing other things as well. He is 5.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• 1-2 hours per WEEK, at the most. Nothing is played daily. We have a Wii and a Nintendo DS. The Wii hasn't been used in over a week, the DS hasn't been used in 2 weeks. We also have a Nintendo 64 (I think that's what it is, it's one of those older systems), but it's not even hooked up, if that tells you how often we play - once a year maybe.
    Anonymous

• My kids are too young for video games...but hubby on the other hand...spends at LEAST like 5 hours a day playing if I let him lol
    Anonymous