Question about headaches in 13 year old?

My daughter started with a headache about 5:30p.m. yesterday, and felt nausea. She slept for 15 hours since. When she gets up to try and walk she said she feels heavy and her head feels bigger than her body. She is off balance too. The headache has eased up some. Her left arm has a throbbing sensation around her elbow. It feels like her heart is beating in her elbow to me. Any ideas what this is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would take her to the doctor. It could be hormones but I would want to make sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Take her to the doctor immediately. Something definitely isn't right.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Sounds similar to very high blood pressure. Could be lots of things, though. See a doc.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 12:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It could be a migraine. Take her to the doctor to be sure.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Could be a migraine, ear infection, high bp or the beginnings of the flu. Call the doctor and take her in.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Could be a virus, but I would take her to the doctor to make sure it isn't something serious like meningitis.

Anonymous

• Take her to the ER. Don't wait to get into the doctor. ANYTIME a child that age has a headache so bad that she is nauseous or has the symptoms she does, you take them to the ER. My 13 yr old gets migraines and they are not fun (I get them too). He had 2 MRI's to rule out any other issues and I had one. MRI's don't show migraines but it shows other things that could be causing the headaches. Please, don't make her suffer through a headache as bad as it sounds like she is. It is horribly painful and not something that Tylenol or Advil or anything like that will get rid of.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I wonder whatever happened with this lady's daughter. I hope everything is OK.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• take her to the er
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010