ovulated yesterday and the day before, this morning i woke up with a swollen gum and was sweating all night, a drooled a river, and my gland on the left side of my neck is swollen, is that normal?? just kinda scares me.

+ i havent had a cold in over 2 years. The last time this happened i got strep. EXTREME Strep, this kinda scares me cus we just had sex yesterday to try and concieve...

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 11:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you have some sort of bug. Don't stress over it. Get yourself better and see what happens. If you are not well then your body can not concieve. Good luck and feel better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Well first of all you only ovulate on 1 day per month. If the event that you do ovulate twice the second egg is released within 12 hours of the first.

Second it sounds like you have a virus.

You've been ovulating since puberty and I'm assuming this doesn't happen to you every month so your current situation is in no way related you ovulating.
    Anonymous

• never said it was, i ovulated last month and it wasnt like this, i was pretty much asking if being sick will cause the egg not to implant, and YES i got 2 positives both those days.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You can get positives for DAYS sweetie and it's not going to change the fact that you ONLY ovulate 1 day a month.

OPKs detect LH surges which can happen several times a month when you aren't even ovulating. That is why are not very reliable and why women need to chart instead of waisting money on them.

The can be off by more than a week.

Those test don't ACTUALLY detect ovulation at all. They detect LH surges that happen before ovualtion.

That's why most of the packages say "Do not continue to use after you get a positive test."

Yes being sick could affect the egg implanting but it doesn't mean it will.

If you don't believe me about the ovulation issue than I recommend doing some research because it's basic female reproductive function education.

This is why so many women have trouble getting pregnant. THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW THEIR OWN BODY WORKS!!!
    Anonymous

• Well i think its just my wisdom tooth coming in now... but thanks for the info.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010