Please some help...the pain is so bad!

I have had problems with my left shoulder blade/back area for over 6 months now. It started getting real bad about 3 months ago...I saw my PCP and she told me to suck it up that everyone has aches and pains and to get a hobby. Last week I started with minimal off and on tingling in my fingers...today it has been tingling non stop for over 2 hours now. Both the pain in my shoulder and the tingling get worse if I raise my arm...has anyone had this?
PLEASE someone tell me I'm not crazy....I just really need to hear that someone believes me that this pain IS real and is intense. I just cannot get any relief from the shoulder pain no matter what I do.

KaylasMiracle

Asked by KaylasMiracle at 11:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• Could be a pinched nerve...could be your rotator cuff...arthritis? I'd go see another doctor....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 11:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Obviously, I'm not a doc. But your doc didn't find anything wrong. Sounds like your nerve is getting pinched. Believe it or not, the cure is USING it. I've known two people with similar symptoms & the physical therapist gave them exercises (I only remember lie on the floor & raise the arm above the head) that they both said really hurt to do, but fixed the problem. Try telling your PCP you'd like a referral to a physical therapist.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 11:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I say you need to see a chiropractor. Sounds like a pinched nerve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Tell your PCP you need a referral to an Orthopedist ASAP!! Then to PT!! Don't let your PCP treat that if thats thier attitude - an ortho doc specializes in this kind of stuff, and will help pinpoint the problem!!! Don't keep sucking it up, that's just wrong!!!! (Hope you feel better soon!!)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• CHIROPRACTOR! I have the same problem in my right shoulder - for me it's a high rib out of place. Gets really annoying. For me it's due to an old job I had - something I did repetitively made it really easy for that rib to slip out of place. Not saying that's your problem, but going to a chiropractor is the best thing you can do - no doctor can ease a pinched nerve properly if that's what it is, no doctor can do what a chiropractor can - and it's all drug free with a chiro!
    Anonymous

• STAY FAR AWAY FROM chiropractors!!!! PLEASE!!!! A good PT can do EVEN more for you than those quack wanna be doctors!!! I have seen more damage done buy those back cracking fools then I care to!! GO to PT!!! chiropractors will mess you up!!!

Anonymous

• A chiro did more harm than good for me. It took a real doctor and Physical Therapists a year to fix me up bc of the chiro screwing things up. Pinched nerves is nothing to play with. I had trigger points which cut off the flow of blood. I couldn't lift one arm up over my head. I also have radial tunnel in my elbows which caused tingling in my hands. (Dr OZ said something about cubicle tunnel can do the same thing) so you do have a real pain, now go find someone who knows the real cause and fix it before more damage is done.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i would see a chiropractor. don't be fooled by anon :33. chiropractors are doctors, they get more education than pcp's. my dh is a chiropractor, and he is great! anyhow, he would never tell a patient that everyone has aches and pains, and that it is normal. that is negligent. pain does not have to be a part of most people's lives. we have patients that have seen pt's along with their chiropractor, we have had patients that see us after a pt doesn't work, and we have had some patients leave us to see a pt. what works for some does not work for all. some people do have issues that can't be resolved because of their lifestyle and lifestyle choices too. i don't get the feeling that this is you, b/c you already are not taking what your dr. said.
    i truly wish the best of luck to you! many chiropractors advertise no fee consultations.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Wow! I am having the exact same symptoms and I am so glad you asked this question! Mine hurts in my neck both shoulder blades and left arm. My doctor seemed sort of wrote mine off as depression. ("You know sometimes depression causes pain." I am sure that is true, but I am not depressed.)
    Anyway, thanks for asking and no you aren't alone!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Have you also been told it is stress related? Because I was told that too...it's been caused by stress and you just need to relax more. Really? Okay...I'm game for this...please give me your address so I can drop off the kids and relax...lol.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2010