How do I help my baby...formula comes out his nose

My 4 week old has stuffy nose and when he spits up after drinking his bottle it comes out his nose. How can I clear up his nose?

danielle8717

Asked by danielle8717 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use saline nasal spray and then suction it out with a bulb syringe. Clear the nose way completely before every feeding! Poor baby. If he is spitting up a lot it could be the formula bothering him. Or the nipple is too fast. Please tell me you have a bulb syringe?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• awww, poor baby.

Saline, suction it out. If should be much better then, also you could loosen it by going into the bathroom, when it is steams run the hot shower too loosen up the mucus. Usually you do that in the morning.

Good luck, little baby.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Can I use nasal decongestant?
    danielle8717

Answer by danielle8717 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't, I don't even know if they make them for infants any ways... you could always call the doctor and check though.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2010