Census Billboard reads "If we don't know the number of school kids there are. How do we know the number of classrooms we need" What comes to your mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In the US the Census may have started 1903 but its way back when David was King of Israel that they started the Census.

The billboard makes sense to me.. I mean the first thing that came to mind was they are desperate to get your mailings back and for you to fill out the info ... I did the long form have yet to see the short one!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Ummm, that they need to know how many kids will be in the school system, so that they know how much money the school system is going to need. Why? What came to your mind?
    Anonymous

• What came to your mind?

That illegals don't report anything and this is the reason classes are overcrowded.
    Anonymous

• well...what comes to mind is they need to know how many kids are out there to know how many classrooms they need...I guess I am missing something? It seems like a pretty straight forward statement.
    Anonymous

• But if illegals are not counted and their children are not counted then how are these children place in school.
    Anonymous

• It seems pretty straight forward to me. Blaming every overcrowded classroom on illegals seems a bit stupid.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• *placed
    Anonymous

• How stupid is that......... I guess thats why they want birthdates on the census(which I did not provide) All schools know how many kids are enrolled. Besides, just counting people doesn't garauntee the child is in public school. With all the schools shutting down I don't think they have a worry there, on the other hand if they don't come up with enough kids will they shut more down?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• If a child is born here the child is "counted" Now if a child comes here illegally the child would have to attend so the child is counted. The problem with overcrowded classes has nothing to do with illegals.
    Anonymous

• I think that the Billboard is just a waste of taxpayers money.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 12:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2010