what is the right age for child to have a cell phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it so much of what age is appropriate but what is the reason. I gave one to my son at 7 because he had to walk to school and back with one of his friends. Also, I like him to take it with him when he goes over to a friends house or to a playground without me. He'll be 10 next week and has had one for the past 3 years. I keep it up until I want to to take it with him.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I gave my son his when he was 11. He had just started Middle School and had to walk to school. If he would have still been riding the bus, I may have waited a little longer.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• when they can get a job and PAY for it on their own!
    I let my daughter borrow mine when she will be out without one at times but I see no need for her to have one of her own
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My children were given their phones when they were in HS and starting to either drive or ride in cars with friends to and from band functions.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010