• In the Spotlight:

TV helps my toddler to sleep. What does help your toddler to sleep?

I have noticed that when we are watching National Geographic documentaries our toddler goes to sleep. He goes to sleep quicker if the volume is set on High.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nursing
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'd be resistant to using the tv as your only tool to get him to fall asleep- you don't want him to get into the habit of always having the tv on. I usually lay down with my son and talk for a minutes before he goes to bed.
    Anonymous

• I just give her a bath with lavender ,give a nice warm bottle of milk,tuck her in,kiss her foehead,turn on her musical mobile and she's out in about 5 minutes.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Lots of activity during the day is the only thing I've found effective....so after my son gets home from preschool at 11:30, we head to the park most days and run and play. Then we go to swimming lessons. After that we do any errands that need to be done. By the time we get home and have dinner and a bath, he's pretty tired.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i would give my daughter a nice warm lavender bath, with soothing/calm lavender lotion afterwards, and put some country music on for her, and bam, she was out like a light!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• His paci and music. Hoping to get the paci away soon.
    Anonymous

• His lovey bear and a snuggle from mom - then I put him in bed and he goes to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• not TV, that's for sure.
    Anonymous

• That's starting healthy habits right!!
    Anonymous