were you formula fed or breastfed?

i was formula fed. i decided when i was pregnant to breastfeed. i did not have any support. i ended up supplementing with formula. now i was just curious if those that were formula fed decided to formula feed their children and if you were breast fed did you decide to breast feed your own children. truthfully i never knew and still don't know many that have breast fed. so for myself to even do it was something i decided so it had no influence. i don't blame my mother for not breastfeeding. just curious on how everyone made their decision.

btw i am not trying to start drama. just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was formula fed, thank God.I can't imagine the thought of my mothers boob ever have been in my mouth! YUCK! lol.Hoever, I did end up breast feeding my children.
    Anonymous

• I was breast feed for 3 days and then formula feed after that. But that is because my birthmother gave me up for adoption. I always new I wanted to breast feed. It does not cost a thing and I know it is best for baby.
    Anonymous

• i was formula fed until about 3-4months then my mother decides to give me regular milk. i wanted to breastfeed i didn't produce enough milk so i had to do formula.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was breastfed. I had to formula feed my first, and am planning on trying to breast feed my second.
    Anonymous

• my mom formula fed both myself and my sister.

i tried to breast feed my daughter, but only lasted two weeks. I still feel I did good because she got all the collostrum and all that. No one I know breast fed, but no one was against my choice. the reason i wanted to give it a shot was because both of my SKs have asthma and allergies. I wanted to do whatever i could to avoid my daughter having those problems and since I was a healthy kid who rarely got sick (i have never even had the flu...knock on wood) i thought it would help.

i would probably try again when i have another baby, but not something i am worrying about right now.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i was breast until 6 months, and then formula fed.
    i breast fed until i had no milk (around 3 weeks after birth), and then formula fed. it was heartbreaking, and i asked for help, but both the pediatrician and my ob told me to "keep trying" ugh!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was breastfed, so was my husband, i breastfed both my babies
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Formula and I have breastfed all my babies
    Anonymous

• my mom breastfed me until i was almost 3!!!!!!!! waaaaaaay to long!! but like i had a choice...lol

as for me, when i had my daughter, i tried to breastfeed my daughter, but when she was born, she had to be in an incubator for 3 days...so i wasnt able to, so i pumped, but i barely produced any milk, however, i kept pumping for 2.5 months..i wanted to do what was best, but, i was/am a single mom, and my daughter was the slowest eater ever!!!!!! it took her 30-40 minutes to drink 2 ounces..so between feeding her, and pumping, i wasnt ever sleeping..so i had to switch to formula. i just couldnt do it all by myself...plus like i said i was barely producing enuff milk..it took me about an hour just to even get 2 ounces, enuff for her to eat..and with her getting older, i wasnt able to get as much as she was gonna need...so yaaaaaaa.....
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was formula fed. My mother pushed me to FF as well. My MIL was a great supporter of me breastfeeding and really helped me decide to breastfeed. I breastfed all three of mine for 12 + months. My mother hounded me to quit the entire time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2010