OMG back pain! and rib cage pain!

so it's that time again....time for baby to be so big that I can barely breathe!!! How do I alleviate the pressure from my back and rib cage? I've tried every position I can think of! I can't lay down cause I'm either squishing him or he squishes me. I can't sit down cause then everything just pulls downward. It hurts!! please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i see my chiropractor to prevent back pain. very proper posture seems to keep limbs from poking my ribcage.
    good luck, hopefully you are nearing the end?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Dont know what helps but had to say i feel your pain....sitting up at work is the worst....babys all in my ribs, my breasts are huge and heavy making it even harder to breathe!! And the pain in the hips and back...WOW! Theres not a Chiro in town that will see me preg. I even had a car accident and couldnt find one...so i was extra stuck....i feel a little better to sit for awhile and stand for awhile when it gets really bad in the ribs..other than that..relax and take deep breaths! It makes me panic to feel like im not getting enough air!!! AHHH glad when its over!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Have you tried using a birthing ball to sit on? That took a lot of the pressure off my back. You can also try doing the cat/cow yoga poses. I did them a couple of times a day toward the end. Have you taken a prenatal yoga class? It might help you expand and stretch your abdomen. You can try a chiropractor, just look for one with experience with pregnancy. You can also try accupressure/accupuncture. Are you able to lay on your side? Try putting a pillow between your legs. You can also get a body pillow, which I found much more comfortable. I would wedge my stomach between the pillow and the mattress, and put an arm and a leg over the pillow.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2010