Question about medicaid for Pregnancy related only. They don't cover a miscarriage?

I was on Pregnancy related Medicaid coverage last year, and ended up having a miscarriage in August. NOW, they're sending me a doozy of a bill to pay, saying that Medicaid doesn't cover that, and it's for family planning ONLY. I thought they covered things like miscarriages?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• that sounds crazy. i would call a medicaid representative just to be sure. i can see not covering elective abortions...but anything else should be covered. if you don't get anywhere with medicaid call the hospital and see if they have a financial aid department. you should also ask medicaid for a copy of your benefits. sometimes the state and or county will have programs to help pay for services that can't be afforded.
    i am very sorry for your loss, and very sorry you have to deal with this on top of it.
    good luck to you.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was on medicade last year just for pregnancy help and ended up having a MC and DNC. They paid for all of it. I would call and ask some questions
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Medicaid even covers dental work while your preg. I know it takes AWHILE for them to pay the bill, i got bills from the hospital for a few months before medicaid paid the bill..they are slow...but it doesnt right for it to not be covered at all...they cover you 6 months post partum too!! You should definitely make some phone calls!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Medicaid is different in every state. Medicaid in TX doesn't pay things like dental unless you are under 21, pregnant or not. Call medicaid and find out why they didn't cover it.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• same here. I actually had two a yr apart with the last one i also had to stay for 1 week and the medicaid card paid for it all. I never got a bill
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 5:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010