When is good mommy time?

HELP!! I am a 22 year old mother to two beautiful little girls, but there's one big problem... i am so tired from being up all hours of the night the next day i don't have any ambition or energy to play with the girls all i want to do is sleep. i am a stay at home mom and my husband works a full time job, so i feel bad asking him to help me out during the night... anyone have any ideas on any energy boosts that i can do, or anything?

Amanda244

Asked by Amanda244 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im 25 and i have a 2,3, and 6yr old. it has been a real struggle to get energy for me as well. I just rely on God and a good strong cup of coffee.
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Take some vitamins, drink green tea but also sleep when they sleep during the day it might help with your energy level.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree with the other two moms and have one thing to add. Maybe your DH could help you just one night a week? I know he works outside the home, but you have a full time job, too, so it isn't unfair to ask for one night a week of relief. You need to be well rested to do your job everyday, too. I bet after a couple days of doing your job your DH would be begging to go back to work. It's often hard to explain that being a SAHM is really hard but I don't think you should feel guilty about asking for a little help here and there. I just had to say that. Otherwise, rest when (and if) they rest, maybe try to incorporate exercise into your day - it should help energize you- and get outside, some fresh air always helps liven me up. I also find that in the morning if I just get up and going I feel better after a bit, but if I stay in jammies and lay around I just stay tired and want to go back to bed. Hope this helps!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Zombieland.
    Sleep when they sleep!
    Heep hydrated. Eat several small meals to keep blood sugar steady.
    Encourage your older child to play quieter activities when you nap.
    If you don't co-sleep, i recommend sidecar style and side lying nursing.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010