housekeepers

woo hoo..... hubby hired a housekeeping crew to come over today and give the house a really good spring cleaning. It was a thank you gift to me... how sweet!!!!!

Funny thing is that Im picking up for the housekeepers ~ LOL. But they have to see the floor, the counter tops, etc. to clean them!

Have you ever had a housekeeper..... On a regular basis? Part time? Once and a while?
Never... because I wouldnt want someone else cleaning my home? Cant afford it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I want one to come in and do a good spring clean on my home but I hate the thought of someone seeing my mess.
    Anonymous

• I used to be a nanny for a family that had a full time house keeper. It was all very strange to me. I mean, it's one thing to have a cleaning lady come in once a week or every other week, but these people had someone to clean their home/cook their meals, AND a nanny to care for their kids. It felt like they were paying someone to live their lives for them! Oh, they also had landscapers, and second cleaning woman who came in once a week to help the housekeeper with big projects like polish ALL of the silver and that sort of thing.

Weird, weird, weird experience.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I've never had one... but... I'd love to have one come once a month or so just to do the jobs I hate, dusting and cleaning out the bath tub and shower! It was a nice gift of your hubby to get you!! Enjoy it!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I want one but my house is too disorganized to have someone come in and clean it.
    Anonymous

• we have had someone for the past two years come in every 2 weeks. she cleans our office too. she started when i was preggo with twins, and really couldn't clean those floors anymore! it is just the basic cleaning. i think someone for a deep spring cleaning would be AWESOME! i have tried twice to clean windows, but i never do good enough!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes, I have someone who comes once a month. She does all the heavy duty cleaning (mopping, bathrooms). I haven't had to hold a mop in years, Thank God. It is the best money I have ever spent in my life.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• where should i look to find one, i want one to come in once a week or every 2 weeks, but i want some one i can trust, like if i need to go out somewhere she wont go rummaging through my things.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Try Craigslist, but ask for references, that's what we did.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010