3yr old is having asthma attacks just for stepping outside???

My 3yr old daughter has asthma and ecsema, and she went outside yesterday and she has been haveing asthma attacks every 3hrs now and her skin is breaking out really bad. I have her breathing machine, but does anyone else have this same problem and know what i should do about this as a prevenitive method

dkej242

Asked by dkej242 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• the weather changing is always a difficult time for asthmatics! My son is 3 and he was diagnoised with asthma before he was a year old. Id talk to your doctor about pulmicort or another preventative medication. my son takes pulmicort twice a day thru his nebulizer during cold and allergy seasons,and once a day every day when hes less likely to have problems. Its steriod based and works overtime to help prevent having as many complications. We still have albuterol for his nebulizer as needed,and his emergency inhaler. He also takes singular orally every night before bed,and either zyrtec or benadryl during the daytime when his allergies are really bugging him (since allergies flair up asthma) good luck!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's spring and pollen is in the air so it's not uncommon. Talk to your doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Obviously you need to talk to your Doctor. I used to take Advair every day as a preventative and it was wonderful. I don't know if they prescribe that for young children.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yes, talk to your dr. but also know that there are breathing exercises known to reduce breathing treatments from daily to one time a year. i am not sure what age this could be easily taught at. i read one woman here oncafe mom, whose dh had horrible asthma until he was married, his turned out to be form regular cleaning supplies. red meat and dairy can cause asthma. but it sounds like stepping outside for your dd is the culprit...for the breathing issues any how.
    the breathing exercises i found out about on an austrailian asthma website.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010