Who was the first Working Mother you met growing up?

I have to say my Aunt she is a Social Worker.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom! She is AMAZING! She was a divorced mom of five kids and worked herself crazy supporting us.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My own.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• my mom... she has always worked even when i was a newborn, she took a short break when i was 5 and tried the SAHM thing it lasted 2 years i think and then she was back to work.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My mom.
    Anonymous

• My mom, although she claims she stayed home with me and my sister until we were in school, I don't remember it! In my mind, we always had this nanny. My parents owned a grocery store so they were always working at it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I think it would be interesting if when you posted you also told us how old you are. Im mid 40s and I knew next to no working moms when I was a kid.
    Anonymous

• I'm 30. Wanted to add that from the time I was 5, my dad stayed home with me while my mom worked. He was unable to work due to a heart condition.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Im 33, I didnt really know any SAHM's when I was a kid all the moms I knew worked.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm 33 and when I was 3 my best friend was this girl across the street and both her parents worked all day. Her grandparents lived down stairs and babysat her. My mom was a SAHM my entire life (except 1 1/2 years when I was in high school and she got bored).
    Most of my friends' parents were divorced so their moms worked. We also lived in a poor neighborhood where almost all the families had to have 2 incomes to make ends meet (just like where we live now).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I guess my mom. I actually only knew one girl who had a stay at home mom growing up... and if I recall we all made fun of her!!! She's get off the bus and her mom would be waiting for her at the front door and we'd say that she just made cookies.

I guess that was mean looking back, kids can be so cruel. Well right now I'm a SAHM so maybe my son will get it back?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2010