Tired & Dizzy After Eating

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. I've been battling a virus, so this issue may have been going on longer than I realized... Yesterday I ate a banana on the way home from work (10 min drive). By the time I got home I was so tired I could have fallen asleep standing up. I got dizzy too. This morning I ate a banana and got tired and dizzy. I figured it is sugar related. I ate a yogurt just now and am exhausted and dizzy. What the heck is going on? Are these things just too sugary/high glycemic? I read that overeating could be a problem, but I hardly think these meals qualify. I'm drinking water all day today. This is SOOOO ANNOYING. Not sure if related in any way, but I am hypothyroid (taking Synthroid) and was in the ER Sunday night with a subchorionic bleed. One fun thing after another...

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what to say about the dizzyness. But as being tired. Tireness at the begin is very common. I can find that i feel fine and away. but as soon as I start doing things I get exhausted fast. Part of being pregnany.
    Anonymous

• i'm tired all the time of course, but this is an extreme tiredness that comes after eating these things... and then goes away after a little while... this is not typical pregnancy stuff.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Mention it to your dr - could be related to sugars. Generally if you develop gestational diabetes though it is much later in pregnancy. But you could avoid fruits first thing in the morning and eat something starchy (english muffin, bagel, etc) instead.

Answer by missanc at 2:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2010