I'm in shock!

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive. I didn't even know I was pregnant I knew with my first but had no clue I was with this one at all. So I took another one later and it was positive. I bought first response and took both of them this morning and they were both positive didn't even have to wait but one minute both lines showed up. But I don't feel pregnant at all other problem I drank 3 beers Saturday could that of harmed the baby. I also smoke and I was told that I needed to quit but it's so hard? Anyone else have any success stories on quitting? I was really sick with my first child will I be really sick with this one too? I still kinda freaking someone told me that my period may be acting up and the could be false positives could that happen I mean all 4 be false positives first two cost a dollar and other two were expensive could they be false?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are pregnant if you have had 4 positive tests. I wouldn't worry about the beers. It happens quite frequently that women drink before they know they are pregnant. You do need to quit smoking. Just think about your baby and how much he/she means to you and don't you want to do the healthiest things you can for him/her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Go to the doctor and find out for sure before you get upset then find out how to quit smoking. The March of Dimes and American Lung Association might have tips too

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Don't worry about the beers. That's pretty common. A lot of women have had alcohol before knowing they were pregnant.
    You may or may not be really sick this pregnancy. They are all different.
    False positives are pretty rare.
    Anonymous

• I should point out that the beers are probably not a big deal, but don't drink anymore. If I don't say it some ninny will come along and say I am promoting drinking during pregnancy :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am pretty sure you can't get a false positive, I don't have any advise but Congrats on being pregnant! oh and I drank more then 3 beers before I found out I was pregnant at 8 weeks and my baby is just fine and the dr was never concerned about it. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i wouldn't worry too much about the beers and smoking. it happens all the time. of course you need to stop. as for quitting, personally the slightest smell of cigarettes makes me want to hurl - so that really helped me :-). it's important. when you're a parent, you have to make alot of sacrifices for the good of yourself and your child - just do it. my sister was a two pack a day smoker for 25 years and quit cold turkey (not pregnant). her opinion is it's not as hard as everyone says. i found that rather than talking myself out of it, i would just focus on something else - take the energy away from the cigarettes.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• False positives are extremely rare.

YOU ARE PREGNANT!
    Anonymous