Baptism

So Im planning my sons baptism, and I wanted to know what are some traditions other families do?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Traditions? Like what? We took our children to church, had the baptism, that was it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Our family always gets one of those mats like they have for weddings where it has a space in the middle for a picture, then people sign around the outside, and have everyone attending the Baptism sign it. That way they have something to remember the day by later on
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• we waited long enough until our kids learned about God and asked for it themselves.
    Anonymous

• we always have a get together afterwards with food and drinks to celebrate. take pics and hug everybody.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

YEP! US TOO
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 1:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• When I had my dd's baptism's (ohhh about 23 yrs ago) we did the thing at the church and the family came over for some food and cake... nothing fancy...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• white gown or suit
    family
    godparents
    a gift from us to the child that has been blessed by the priest (each dd got a cross for above their bedroom door)
    and then a nice party after to celebrate.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My grandmother gave each of us a gold crucifix or a necklace with a Miraculous Medal. When my children were baptised my mother did the same. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• When my kids were baptized, they wore the same gown I wore, and we had a beautiful ceremony, and then everyone got together at my parent's home for lunch and dessert. The only damper on my daughter's day was that my brother(her godfather) couldn't make it and she threw up on my dad. On my son's day, when Father poured the Holy Water on his head, it must have been freezing cold, and he jumped in my sister's arms and cried so loud, it echoed through the entire church! Aside from that, they were wonderful days to remember.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2010