Baby coughing...please help...

We just moved here and can not get on medical assistance yet... but Im worried that my little one might be sick.. her temp is 98.7 and she keeps letting out these little coughs and sneezes like none other... she almost didnt get sleep at all last night becuse she woke herself up coughing.... is there anything I can do to help her? She dosent sound congested... her reflexes are fine shes eating and pooping like normal..
should we try and buy a dehumidifier? or a humidifier? please help.... we went from a colder place to a warmer one if that helps any... Im just afraid that when I took her to the park a few days ago she cought something... Im at a loss here I cant think straight...

Nerdymama

Asked by Nerdymama at 1:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine is doing the same thing...cool mist humidifier at night, a bit of liquid benadryl before bed, you can also use Vick's vapo rub. The Dr. will not give them anything for a cough under the age of two.
    Anonymous

• Check her chest....if you see her "retracting' she might be having a little asthma.

Dont know, just a suggestion since you said she didnt have any congestion.

I have a son with asthma and the retraction is hard for me to see. B/c his asthma is mild. But basically you look for struggled or labored breathing.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Could be allergies as well - def. cool mist humidifier
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Also, wanted to add, that putting Vicks vapor rub on their feet with socks on top helps a TON! (if she has a cold or something)

I thought this was so funny and ridiculous when I heard it, but tried it and was amazed that it really worked! Cant hurt anyways.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• humidifier should work...also try warming up all of your babies bottles an that should soothe the throat
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 1:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010